Next week, the annual SPTechCon Boston Conference is returning for another exciting year of training, problem-solving, and networking.
SPTechCon will cover a wide range of SharePoint and Office 365 topic areas and attendees will walk away with practical knowledge that they can apply immediately within their organization We’re excited to be a Gold Sponsor of the conference again this year.
There’s a lot happening during the week so read through this guide to make sure you attend the most important sessions and meet the right people while you’re in Boston for SPTechCon. Get all the important details, dates, and insider tips below.
SPTechCon Schedule At A Glance
Sunday, August 25th: First day of the conference. Tutorials, Hands-on lab, happy hour.
Monday, August 26th: Technical sessions, sponsored sessions, Microsoft Keynote, networking breaks, round tables, reception in Exhibit Hall (at 5:45 pm).
Tuesday, August 27th: Technical sessions, general sessions, networking breaks, prize announcement in Exhibit Hall, SharePoint.
Wednesday, August 28th: Technical sessions & general sessions. Conference closes.
For a complete list of sessions and descriptions click here.
Don’t Miss These Exciting Events And Sessions
Office 365 Hands-On Kitchen
When: Sunday, August 25th — 9 am – 5 pm
Join a select group of “chefs” (speakers) as they create recipes for collaboration challenges with cooks (you!). There will be up to five teams led by two master chefs to guide them through the solution cooking process using all the ingredients available in Office 365!
Planning a Successful Migration to Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online
When: Monday, August 26th — 9:15 – 9:45 am
Senior Consultant of Timlin Enterprises, Nick Bisciotti, is sharing his top tips for executing a successful migration to Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online. During this presentation, you will develop a plan and identify tools to make your migrations a smooth and seamless process.
Microsoft Keynote on Monday Morning
When: Monday, August 26th — 10 am
Join Dan Holme, Director of Product Marketing, as he shares the latest innovations and solutions for content collaboration, security, teamwork, process transformation, employee engagement & communications, and knowledge sharing & discovery. Learn how the experiences in Microsoft 365–including SharePoint, OneDrive, Yammer, Stream, PowerApps, Flow–integrate to power collaboration and the intelligent workplace across devices, on the web, in desktop and mobile apps, and in the hub for teamwork, Microsoft Teams.
Stump the Experts – Win a Microsoft Surface Go!
When: Tuesday, August 27th — 5 pm
Timlin is hosting this flagship SPTechCon event for the second year in a row! Ask clever, challenging questions of Microsoft experts. The person with the best question will win a Microsoft Surface Go!
This will be an open discussion where you can test your knowledge against some of the best, discover answers to troubling SharePoint and Office 265 topics, and take your turn at winning this awesome prize.
#TimlinTrivia — Join Us On Twitter
Join us every morning on Twitter from Monday to Wednesday for a round of #TimlinTrivia!
Before the morning keynote each day, we will tweet a tricky Office365 or SharePoint question. The first attendee to respond with the correct answer will win an Amazon gift card!
How To Get the Most Out Of Your SPTechCon 2019 Experience
- Preparation is key! Be sure to draft your conference schedule in advance and highlight the events that interest you the most.
Leave some free time during the day to recharge, grab a bite to eat, and network with others. Conferences are often jam-packed with back to back sessions and information, so it’s important to soak in as much information as you can without burning out by the end of each day.
- Find the right sessions for you with filters. Use the robust filtering system on the SPTechCon program agenda to identify the right sessions to add to your schedule. You can filter by topic, session type, session category, level, and date.
- Set goals for yourself and your experience. Decide on whether your priority is networking or building your skillset, and make that your priority during each day. Make a list of things you’d like to learn and people you’d like to connect with. Discover the complete list of this year’s speakers.
- Meet the many sponsors and companies in the industry who are changing and challenging the status quo with their Office 365 and SharePoint solutions. Meet the Timlin Enterprises team and learn more about our Center of Excellence approach by stopping by booth #209.
- Join in on the fun on social media. A great way to network and connect with the conference is by chatting on Twitter under the official conference hashtag #SPTechCon.
We’re excited to experience the 2019 SPTechCon with you! Let us know if you’d like to connect during the conference by sending us a message on Twitter at @TimlinEnt.
Timlin has been engaged with Microsoft over the last couple of months providing support for the beta rollout of their new Custom Learning solution for Office 365.
In typical Microsoft fashion, they recently renamed the solution to Microsoft 365 Learning Pathways. The Timlin Engineering team has been supporting the first customers by resolving issues and providing documentation for the tool.
We are very excited to work with our customers and this training tool as it provides a great framework and content for your training programs, including the following capabilities:
- A SharePoint Online communication site that acts as your Custom training portal. The site can be customized to add your organization’s help, support, and community content.
- The tool is easy to provision and Timlin now brings great expertise to the provisioning process.
- The ability to create your own training playlists. With Learning Pathways, you can create targeted training playlists to meet the unique needs of your environment and focused on the Office 365 tools and features pertinent to you.
- Up-to-date content. This is a huge win as the Learning Pathways tool provides content through a Microsoft online content catalog, so the content at your site is regularly updated. In addition, the Solution is connected to an online catalog of Microsoft content.
- Learning Pathways provides a SharePoint web part that can be filtered to present targeted training content. Organizations can also use the Web part to create their own custom playlists.
We think there is great potential in the Learning Pathways tool to help your end-users stay trained on the latest features and functions in Office 365. No longer will your training content be out-of-date after 3 months as Microsoft will constantly be updating the training materials.
The provisioning process is relatively simple but as with most technology, can be confusing the first time. Reach out to help with the setup as our team is very well versed in the tool and the capabilities.