A Strategic Cybersecurity Checklist for Your Business
Taking control of your IT infrastructure and ensuring that it has a strong foundation can be hard to get started. Making sure that your organization’s data and systems are protected from cybersecurity threats requires thoughtful planning and consideration.
To get started on locking down your data and securing your organization, here’s a cybersecurity checklist to ensure control of your IT stack:
- Perform a Risk Assessment: Identify and evaluate potential security risks in your organization. Understand the critical assets, vulnerabilities, and the potential business impact of security incidents.
- Create a Sound Security Policy: Develop a comprehensive security policy that outlines the rules, guidelines, and procedures for securing your organization’s data and other information. This policy should be regularly communicated to all employees and stakeholders.
- Inventory and Regularly Update Your Software: Document all software and applications in your organization and keep them up-to-date with the latest security patches and version updates to protect against known vulnerabilities.
- Use Strong Passwords and Setup a Strong Network Security System: Enforce the use of strong, complex passwords and encourage the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) where possible. Set up firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS/IPS) to monitor and protect your network from unauthorized access. Consider Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) for remote employees.
- Train Your Employees: Conduct regular cybersecurity awareness training for all employees so they are educated about the latest threats and best practices for online security.