The Glass Half-Full – Part III
- Every day more and more people recover, as the pandemic sweeps throughout the world. 158,000+ have recovered to date.
- Abbott Labs launches five minute Molecular Point-of-Care test for Coronavirus diagnostics.
- In a New England Journal of Medicine article, Dr. Fauci states the Coronavirus mortality rate may be much lower than originally depicted.
- The new US death count and new case count BOTH dropped yesterday for the first time since 3/28. Saturday was also the first day new US cases have NOT increased by more than 20% in nearly one month. (See Graph 1 and Graph 2)
- The US Navy Floating Hospital Arrived in NY this morning, 3 weeks early. The LA one arrived last week, both with roughly 10000 hospital beds.
- Apple launched a website and app dedicated to COVID-19 screening in collaboration with FEMA, the CDC, and the White House.
- On Friday, President Trump signed the largest economic relief bill in the history of the US, a $2.2 trillion assistance package. Highlights include short-term extensions and increases in unemployment benefits, temporary employee furlough programs, SBA busin