The Glass Half-Full – Part III
- Every day more and more people recover, as the pandemic sweeps throughout the world. 158,000+ have recovered to date.
- Abbott Labs launches five minute Molecular Point-of-Care test for Coronavirus diagnostics.
- In a New England Journal of Medicine article, Dr. Fauci states the Coronavirus mortality rate may be much lower than originally depicted.
- The new US death count and new case count BOTH dropped yesterday for the first time since 3/28. Saturday was also the first day new US cases have NOT increased by more than 20% in nearly one month. (See Graph 1 and Graph 2)
- The US Navy Floating Hospital Arrived in NY this morning, 3 weeks early. The LA one arrived last week, both with roughly 10000 hospital beds.
- Apple launched a website and app dedicated to COVID-19 screening in collaboration with FEMA, the CDC, and the White House.
- On Friday, President Trump signed the largest economic relief bill in the history of the US, a $2.2 trillion assistance package. Highlights include short-term extensions and increases in unemployment benefits, temporary employee furlough programs, SBA business loans and hospital relief.
- Despite heavy losses on Friday, the major indexes posted historic weekly gains. The Dow had its best week since 1938.
- As of mid-day on Monday, March 30, the Dow is up again over 22,000 (up 1.81%) from Friday’s close.
Thrive Customer Testimonial
“Everyone we have worked with has been very helpful in making this happen. I would like to specifically recognize [the engineer] who we worked with to get the ball rolling. She quickly got everyone set up with VPN credentials and she created very specific directions for staff to use to get connected to the VPN. In addition, her directions included how to then connect to their remote desktop. Several of our staff have commented about how easy it was to get connected from home. So, if you have a WOW box, please add this to your WOWs! [She] did an awesome job for us.” Insurance Industry Executive