How to Navigate Cyber Threats Targeting Government Agencies
44% of government agencies have said they experience cyberattacks daily, with the pace of breaches accelerating, according to researchers.
While cybersecurity remains the biggest IT challenge and area of investment for government agencies, cybercriminals are leveraging the vulnerabilities and targeting poorly secured systems to attack critical services.
Essential public services like 911 operations and police and fire departments, could be shut down if a ransomware or malware attack occurs. Additionally, even if you pay the ransom, you may not get your files back, and if you’re an agency in a state that prohibits paying a ransom, then you won’t even have that option. This can hinder the accessibility of vital emergency services that communities rely on.
The following are the main risks to government agencies:
- Lack of affordable cybersecurity talent
- Outdated legacy IT systems
- Malware attacks
- Phishing and social engineering attacks
- Regulatory compliance requirements
- Lack of basic cybersecurity training
Cloud security can help combat these threats with a set of policies, controls, procedures, and technologies that work together to protect cloud-based systems, data, and infrastructure.
Thrive has experience helping agencies and organizations in the SLED sector mitigate critical threats.
- Thrive’s 24x7x365 Security Operations Center is staffed with cybersecurity engineers to protect your mission-critical infrastructure.
- To avoid data loss, Thrive advises your organization to back up its data to an impartial third party.
- To reduce susceptibility, Thrive collaborates with your organization to detect security flaws.
- To identify cybersecurity threats, Thrive builds a long-term strategy by learning about your organization’s goals, people, procedures and technologies.
- Thrive delivers tailored security-managed services to protect your organization while reducing cyberattacks.
At Thrive, we have 700+ technical resources and IT experts with a cumulative 3,000+ years of experience managing security for educational institutions of all sizes, using the best technology to safeguard your network from online threats.
Don’t wait, contact us to learn more.