Virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO) – Mid-Atlantic
Reports To: VP of Technical Advisory Services
Apply via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on Cyber Security, Hybrid Cloud, Global Network Management, Disaster Recovery, and traditional Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training, and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
Each vCIO, in conjunction with assigned Account Manager, are responsible for managing a book of business containing assigned accounts. The vCIO is responsible for building long-term trusted relationships with our clients, providing a strategic technical and security vision through the Technology Business Reviews. The Technology Business Review will focus on the business, infrastructure, and provide digital transformation and technology guidance in alignment with Thrive’s platform of services. This is to ensure operational health, security, efficiency, and competitive advantage.
The vCIO is considered an executive partner to assigned clients and will work directly with client C-Suite to understand their business needs as well as closely with Thrive’s internal teams to make sure we are helping clients mitigate risk and increase productivity.
- Maintain strong client relationship, serve as trusted strategic advisor leveraging scheduled, ad-hoc, and C-Level meetings.
- Develop and maintain a deep functional knowledge of customer’s goals, technical challenges, business objectives, critical infrastructure, and proactively mitigate risk within the environment.
- Perform Technical Business Review (TBRs) meetings based on clients short- and long-term business needs, technology trends and present solutions in alignment with the Thrive standard platform.
- Perform trend analysis and leverage reports to drive data driven decisions, recommendations, operational improvements, for both the client and Thrive.
- Maintain technical competence by attending and participating in trainings, webinars, and certification courses.
- Collaborate with internal technical teams regarding execution of advisory driven project planning.
- Provide client-based feedback to Thrive management on new needs not currently addressed within the Thrive Platform with a focus on continuous improvements and enhancements.
- Forecasting opportunity (risk, profitability, prediction, etc.) on assigned accounts in partnership with Account Manager.
- Assist with client facing budget forecasting, financial cost analysis reports and documentation.
- Engage with client compliance team members to provide security recommendations which covers both business and regulatory needs.
- At least three years of experience in a similar customer service, technical advisory, or IT Director/Manager oriented role
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Demonstrated presentation skills, including confidence and comfort over the phone and in front of audiences both small and large
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with senior-level executives as well as negotiate with and influence both internal and external decision makers
- Professional experience in relationship management, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills – Must act as our clients’ trusted advisor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including client-facing presentation skills