vCISO – Remote
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on Cyber Security, Hybrid Cloud, Global Network Management, Disaster Recovery and traditional Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
Candidate Skill Includes
- Proven history as a Senior Business Leader
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Information Security Strategy
- Information Security Governance
- Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Risk Management
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Defining and Understanding Security KPIs
- Collaborative, Teamwork Minded
- Ability to conduct and interpret risk and security assessments.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in cybersecurity (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years experience Information Security Preferred
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Expert in security frameworks such as CIS, NIST, CMMC, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001/2
A Day in the Life:
Work with Thrive’s vCISO Service customers to assess their current Information Security Program and develop an appropriate, business aligned strategy to establish a proactive approach to cyber risk management. Implement customized, risk-based Information Security Programs and the associated controls frameworks to complement each client’s business and IT operations. Ensure all Governance, Regulatory and Compliance obligations are addressed from an Information Security perspective. Be a trusted advisor and “go-to” resource for Senior IT and Executive Leadership for all things relating to Information Security.
You will also:
- Serve as Information Security Subject Matter Expert for Executive leadership.
- Develop annual strategic plans and supporting project roadmaps.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal IT resources to execute the security plan.
- Create remediation plans for all security assessments.
- Conduct annual risk assessments.
- Coordinate Penetration Tests with third parties.
- Collaborate with customers on policy development and implementation.
- Assist with Security Incident Response and tabletop exercises.
- Mentor client technical resources as requested