Technical Support Engineer – Lakeland, FL
Location: Lakeland, FL
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on cyber security, hybrid Cloud, global network management, disaster recovery and traditional managed services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
The TAC Level 1 is principally responsible for providing technical support to system users and customer support staff. Evaluates user needs, defines technical problems, and works with engineering/development staff to determine solutions. Assists customers in implementing solutions for incidents.
The core purpose of the TAC Level 1 is to be a primary initial contact for all client and peer Incidents and Requests.
Level 1 supports all types of customer and internal systems, primarily to users of Servers, desktops, laptops, smartphone and tablet devices. This involves the maintenance of hardware and software.
The person in this position will always act to support the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Respond to customer Requests and Incidents
- Resolve Incidents and fulfill Requests
- Keep technical knowledge up to date
- Assist with daily operations and systems support
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely, and via phone
- Assist peers and interact with group discussions to resolve issues
- Update daily timesheet
- When working with a ticket ensure it is worked to completion and detail is complete
- When escalation is required work with level 3 or Team lead to help fully understand the situation
- Monitoring of datacenter – providing hands and eyes check on regular basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Educational and experience requirements are included.
The following skills/attributes are required:
- High school diploma required; technical bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in information system installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and documentation
- Strong knowledge of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to understand and analyze complex issues
- Must be motivated, detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, vendors, and peers
- Desire to provide the highest levels of service to clients
Required technical skills include:
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2012, 2016, 2019; Client OS: Windows 10, 11)
- Knowledge of virtualization/hypervisor concepts, specifically VMware/vSphere
- General understanding of storage concepts
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, IPSEC
Not required, but highly desirable:
- Experience working in an ITIL based support structure and knowledge of ITIL concepts
- MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, or MCITP
- CompTIA A+ or Network+
- VMWarre VCP
- Experience with HyperV, Citrix, Linux, Nutanix
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure and maintenance, including Group Policy structure and deployment
- Installation, upgrade, and maintenance of all currently supported versions of Microsoft Exchange
- Remote troubleshooting using Remote Desktop and other remote-control tools
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions
- Managed Service Provider experience
- Applicant must be local to the Central Florida area in order to properly interface with the Thrive team and clients.
- Work Schedule: Must participate in 7×24 rotation; scheduled work after hours and on weekends. Willing to work overnight shifts.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal and credit background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.