Technical Support Engineer
Location: Luton, UK
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather, look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
The Tier 1 Engineer will have responsibility for remote client support, as well as infrequent onsite support, including heavy interaction with end-users in diverse computing environments. Thrive is looking to hire individuals who demonstrate technical proficiency, have strong verbal and written communication skills and have the desire to learn and be involved in all aspects of IT. Thrive provides a unique work environment for ambitious individuals through an unparalleled diversity of work and opportunities for growth. Thrive employees work independently as client consultants, as well as collaborating with our exceptionally talented team of engineers, to provide the best-in-breed IT support for our clients.
- Ability to handle diverse computing environments in a wide cross section of business clients.
- Analyze and document an unfamiliar client / server network environment while assessing the quickest path to resolution.
- Perform rapid analysis of workstation level incidents and consistently demonstrate the ability to determine the cause.
- Sets client expectations appropriately throughout the troubleshooting process.
- Utilizes appropriate software utilities, Thrives’ Protect software, and vendor or application specific tools to provide fastest resolution of customer incidents.
- Monitor the Service Desk Service Board for newly created service tasks.
- Prioritize tasks created and assigned.
- Follow Thrives’ best practices for escalating cases to Systems Engineers.
- Communicate steps taken during troubleshooting and resolutions through clear non-technical communication.
- Demonstrate the correct level of urgency while resolving client incidents.
- Resolution of incidents/requests related to, but not limited to the following:
- Mail Application/Office 365 issues
- Client/Server Connectivity issues (per SOP)
- Time Sensitive and VIP Workstation incidents
- File Restores
- Remote Access incidents (Citrix and Terminal Services)
- Password Resets
- Networked Printer Issues
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solver; able to prioritize and coordinate between tasks
- 2-4+ years desktop support experience
- Knowledge of mobile device configurations and troubleshooting
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and customizing Microsoft Office including Outlook configurations
- Experience troubleshooting workstation hardware issues
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as alone
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Is available to work after hours when necessary or for on call rotation if applicable
- Willingness to travel if needed to clients in the Greater Boston area
Other Preferred Technical Knowledge:
- In depth knowledge of Windows OS (7, 8.1, 10, etc.)
- Experience with Windows Server
- Experience with monitoring and remote management tools
- Experience with Apple OS
- Experience with VMWare
- CompTIA Net +
- Microsoft: MCP/MCITP/MCSA
Compensation & Benefits: We offer a competitive compensation package including: salary, bonus, medical and dental benefits, 401(k) with matching contributions.
Thrive is an AA/EEO Employer