Locations: Jackson, MS
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather, look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator to work within the engineering team to serve our growing client base in the greater Boston area. Systems Administrators have responsibility for both onsite and remote client support, including heavy interaction with end-users in diverse computing environments. Engineers are challenged daily working in an energetic, fast moving, collaborative, demanding & results-oriented work environment. Thrive is looking to hire individuals who demonstrate technical proficiency, have strong verbal and written communication skills and have the desire to learn and be involved in all aspects of IT. Thrive provides a unique work environment for ambitious individuals through an unparalleled diversity of work and opportunities for growth.
- Analyze and document an unfamiliar client / server network environment while assessing the quickest path to resolution for a particular incident affecting the network.
- Perform rapid analysis of workstation /server level incidents and consistently demonstrate the ability to determine the root cause.
- Ability to handle diverse computing environments in a wide cross section of business environments.
- Develop client standards based on Thrive best practices and document as well as evaluate needs across client base.
- Troubleshoot and research server level issues and network level issues independently.
- Vast technical understanding and ability to understand escalation notes and quickly determine and resolve complicated technical issues.
- Provide consulting to clients on certain applications, Thrives best practices and general computing processes.
- Provide escalated support, mentoring, and technical leadership to other engineers in the department.
- While working in client environments, identify opportunities for improvement and capture those opportunities in central information/documentation system.
- Identify reoccurring issues that are being dealt with in the remote service center and develop a plan to resolve permanently through problem management.
- Constant review of security best practices in relation to client environments to uncover, suggest internally and proactively resolve any potential risks as part of change management.
- Work directly with Team Lead to implement designated standards across customer base to improve service delivery.
- Resolution of incidents related to, but not limited to the following:
- Mail Application/Office 365 issues
- Firewall Issues including but not limited to SSLVPN, Site to Site VPN, Access Rules
- Troubleshooting & Assessment of backup/disaster recovery solutions to ensure data retention and uptime
- Client/Server Connectivity issues (per SOP)
- Data restores both at the individual file level and company wide
- Remote Access incidents (Citrix and Terminal Services)
- Any Incidents escalated from Systems Engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solver; able to prioritize and coordinate between tasks
- 6+ years desktop and/or server support experience
- Self-motivated, has ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience designing network architectures inclusive of LAN/WAN networking and Windows Servers
- Experience troubleshooting network configuration and hardware issues
- Experience troubleshooting server hardware issues
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server and Workstation Technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow previously documented process while notifying management of variables that have not been clarified
- Is available to work after hours when necessary or for on call rotation if applicable
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as alone
- CompTIA Net +
- MCSE / MCITP: Server Administrator or above