Strategic IT Consultant
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on Cyber Security, Hybrid Cloud, Global Network Management, Disaster Recovery and traditional Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
Our Consulting Practice is seeking a Strategic Consultant to join our rapidly growing team. In this dynamic role, you will work with our corporate and private equity clients leading cyber security and technology operations assessments to document current state, identify risks, and develop strategic long term road maps. Thrive consultants work as independent, trusted advisors to our diverse customer base.
Strategic Consultants in our Consulting Practice have these primary responsibilities:
- Participate on teams serving clients across industries, while establishing trusted relationships with C-level client counterparts
- Facilitate due diligence processes focused on identifying cyber security, operational and technology strategy, organizational structures, and current state risks
- Assess cyber security and technology investment strategies against currently accepted standards and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
- Develop strategic, prioritized recommendations based on customer collaboration during consulting engagements
- Work with client leadership to implement processes and technology that support value creation while achieving organizational change and efficiency
- Assist in the development/enhancement of Thrive’s methodologies (diligence, planning, carve-out, etc.) and approaches to consulting service delivery
- Understand client strategy, investment priorities, and requirements to scope future engagements and proposals.
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Develop comprehensive, executive level presentations for clients reflecting current state and long-term strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g. Operations Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology)
- Existing CISSP or CISM certification or willingness to rapidly achieve certification
- Consulting “athlete” (i.e. diversity in project experience, comfortable with new subject matter/industries)
- Knowledge of industry standard cyber security frameworks including the CIS 18 controls
- Ability to understand customer business models and associated operational processes in the interest of applying best practice technologies and risk mitigation tools to the customer’s environment
- Understanding of enterprise IT technologies in cyber security, collaboration, network, storage, virtualization, hosting, and cloud
- Engineering capabilities for discovery during client engagement including
- Direct operational and technology experience in MSP, MSSP, software/hi-tech, healthcare, and/or manufacturing & distribution organizations
- 3-5 years participating on business consulting and IT project based work / teams
- Ability to create customer facing documents and presentations
- Project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Candidates must be eligible to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel as required
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.