Service Deployment Engineer
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on Cyber Security, Hybrid Cloud, Global Network Management, Disaster Recovery and traditional Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
We are seeking an O365 Engineer who will work directly with the Senior O365 Engineer and be responsible for the delivery of project assignments, including the analysis, design and architecture, deployment and support of the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
At Thrive, a Service Deployment Engineer is responsible for deploying Thrive’s Services to new and existing clients. This position’s primary objective is to expedite service activations through efficient task completion with a focus on excellent customer service and technology best practices. A Service Deployment Engineer will work with Deployment Engineers, Project Managers and Thrive clients to accomplish those goals and objectives.
- Deployment of IT Services Related (but not limited to) the following:
- Office 365 Email and Communication services
- Microsoft Endpoint Management
- Email Security Platforms (Mimecast)
- DNS Filtering and Security (Cisco Umbrella)
- Email migration between HEX, Exchange, O365 and Google environments
- Ability to handle diverse computing environments in a wide cross section of business clients
- Analyze and document an unfamiliar client environment while assessing the quickest path to service deployment
- Work through the project process to drive deployments to a successful outcome by:
- Presenting service deployment plans at technical kick off to inform the client of dependencies, requirements, potential conflicts, etc.
- Working at direction of Deployment and Project Managers to complete engineering tasks in adherence to a formal deployment process.
- Assisting in completion of Support Handoff requirements to allow for long term maintenance by Thrive Service Desk
- Communicate directly with customers on project plans, potential impacts and testing procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and skills to accomplish multiple ongoing projects.
- Confident and articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ years of Administrative and/or Deployment experience with Microsoft 365 Suite of Services
- 2-4+ years of workstation, network, and/or server support experience
- Experience with monitoring and remote management tools
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and in a team environment