Senior Corporate Attorney
Location: Remote but available periodically to meet with colleagues at a Thrive office in Massachusetts, Maine, New York, Maryland or New Jersey
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive is a rapidly growing, industry leading technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is looking for highly motivated self-starters with the drive and passion always to reach for excellence. If you are seeking the opportunity to build a lucrative career among intelligent professionals in a fast paced, yet collegial and supportive environment, then Thrive is the right place for you.
The Senior Corporate Attorney will be the second attorney at Thrive and will be involved generally in all aspects of Thrive’s legal affairs, including mergers & acquisitions, employment matters, litigation, and regulatory issues.
- Customer Contract matters, including negotiating master services agreements and related service orders, HIPAA – compliant business associate agreements (BAA’s), data protection agreements, GDPR standard contract clauses, non-disclosure agreements and other commercial documents, with responsibility for:
- Ensuring consistency of contract terms with company policies and goals.
- Developing and continuously reviewing and assessing standard form contracts and contract strategies to reduce sales friction.
- Reducing contract risk.
- Human Resources legal matters, including, drafting employment contracts, ensuring compliance with applicable employment law and regulations, periodically reviewing and updating employment processes and the Thrive Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct and addressing employee issues and conflicts.
- Licensed attorney with 3-5 years of corporate/contract law experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of contract and employment law principles is required.
- Experience in the legal department of a software or information technology company is preferred.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Sales experience (dealing with customers) is preferred.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to work well and communicate effectively with customers, peers, all levels of management, and external resources in a virtual team environment.
- Excellent communications skills (written, oral, and listening).
- Able to deal effectively with a high-volume workload, rapid cycles, multiple assignments, concurrent deadlines, and changing priorities, with flexibility to work outside of business hours with geographically dispersed colleagues, customers and suppliers.