Location: Luton, UK
Reports to: Head of Pre-Sales
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1992, ONI Ltd is a leading provider of IT solutions and services to both public sector and commercial markets. ONI offers a comprehensive range of on-site, cloud and hybrid IT infrastructure solutions.
ONI’s expertise spans: Core Infrastructure, Unified Communication and Collaboration, Enterprise Networks, Contact Centre Solutions, Data Centre and Cloud Services, Connectivity and Security. Private cloud services are delivered from ONI’s state of the art Tier 3+ Data Centre, located in the SE of England, and include Infrastructure, Storage, Disaster Recovery, Unified Communications, Collaboration and Contact Centre solutions as-a-service. This facility is fully owned and operated by ONI Ltd.
ONI Ltd is part of Thrive LLC, a leading Next Generation managed service provider, with revenues in excess of $150m globally.
This role sees the provision of high-level designs, service cost estimates and written documentation such as technical proposals and scopes of work to support to the Field Sales Team for cloud services. You will be attending customer calls and face to face meetings, technically qualifying and developing opportunities and running demonstrations alongside your peers in the sales team to customers and prospects in the Small and Midsize Business market.
You will be an integral part of the sales operation with regards to expertise in your chosen specialization. The specialization for this vacancy is Cloud and Microsoft technologies.
- Qualify and discover customer requirements that align to the solutions and services we offer
- Provide a high-level design that meets customer requirements and budgets including:
- Bill of Materials / Service Estimates
- Scope of works
- Technical proposals inc. diagrams and business outcome justifications
- Present solutions to customers ensuring it is understood how it meets with their requirements
- Be the first point of contact for technical queries for the opportunities assigned to you providing explanations, demonstrations and engaging vendor resources where required ensure the solution is positioned accurately
- Handover with the Project Management Office (PMO) for closed won opportunities that require professional services and/or project management services
- Manage workload with your team members
- Prioritise work to ensure expectations are met or renegotiated at the offset
- Self-manage activity history using CRM tools and keep this aligned to sales opportunities
Knowledge and Experience required:
- 3+ years experience in a Pre-sales role selling Microsoft and Cloud solutions to SMB
- Product Knowledge:
- Azure Compute
- Azure Networking and Security
- Azure Site Recovery
- O365 Suite
- Microsoft Enterprise Agreements
- On-prem / Private Cloud VMware deployments
- Veeam Backup
- Other Cloud, Disaster Recovery and Backup solutions beneficial
- Vendor sizing tools – Azure Pricing calculator, Microsoft Cost Calculator, Veeam One etc.
- Estimating professional services for implementation of above solutions, quoting time to deliver against an agreed scope of works
- Ability to assist sales in commercially understanding components of complex solutions
- Experience selling to SMB
- Experience in presenting solutions in a formal process
- Demonstrate an impact to growing a Microsoft proposition within a sales organisation
- Keeping up-to-date with new vendor offerings and educate sales teams to identify new opportunities
- Experience in assisting marketing and post sales teams to develop new propositions and services as new technology emerges
- Comfortable with regular travel (~30% of working week COVID permitting)
- Customer meetings – 99% UK based, ~30% of which London based
- To attend industry trade shows and vendor events where required
- Internal Sales and Company meetings – Luton
Company Events and Exhibitions:
- You may be required to attend company events and exhibitions where ONI are present which may require overnight stays.
- Exceptional organizational skills, managing multiple opportunities at various stages
- Commercial acumen
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Confident presenter and speaker
- Ability to determine priority and negotiate timescales
- Ability to use own initiative and present a ‘willingness’ to help attitude
- Ability to communicate with staff and clients at all levels
- Excellent numeracy and written skills
- Professional telephone manner and happy to use the telephone as business tool
- PC and Internet literate, excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Flexibility with regards to hours of work, as and when required
- Team player
- Good personal presentation