Infrastructure Deployment Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Infrastructure Deployment
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
At Thrive, an Infrastructure Deployment Engineer will have responsibility for deploying new technology to clients, as well as on large scale migration and upgrade projects in a large variety of customer environments. Thrive is looking to hire individuals who demonstrate technical proficiency, have strong verbal and written communication skills and have the desire to learn and be involved in all aspects of IT. A Service Deployment Engineer will be working with Project Managers and directly with clients in order to accomplish complex goals and objectives; maintaining excellent communication and troubleshooting skills will be critical for success in this role.
- Ability to handle diverse computing environments in a wide cross section of business clients
- Analyze and document an unfamiliar client / server network environment while assessing the quickest path to resolution
- Perform rapid analysis of cloud/server level incidents and consistently demonstrate the ability to determine the cause
- Provide consulting to clients on certain applications, Thrives’ best practices, and general computing processes.
- Sets client expectations appropriately throughout the implementation process.
- Work through the project process to drive deployments to a successful outcome.
- Kick off projects internally to identify any context missing from scopes or additional service opportunities.
- Present project plan at technical kick off to let the client know the broad strokes of a project.
- Create a Technical Implementation Plan to identify any outage windows or potential risks.
- Complete project work in scheduled maintenance windows.
- Transition completed project work to support team with all relevant documentation required for long term maintenance.
- Escalate when necessary to next level engineer for further review/troubleshooting.
- Communicate directly with customers on project plans, potential impacts and testing procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills to accomplish multiple ongoing projects.
- Deployment of IT Services Related (but not limited to) the following:
- Veeam Backups
- Windows Server Roles (Active Directory, DHCP, Print and File Services, etc)
- Hyper-V And VMWare Virtualization
- Deployment of servers in public and private clouds.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solver; able to prioritize and coordinate between tasks
- 2-4+ years desktop and/or server support experience
- Self-motivated, has ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience troubleshooting network configuration and hardware issues
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server and Workstation Technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Excellent customer service skills
- Is available to work after hours when necessary
- Ability to follow previously documented process while notifying management of variables that have not been clarified
- Experience with Windows Server Roles (Active Directory, DHCP, Print and File Services)
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Terminal Services
- Experience with monitoring and remote management tools
- Experience with VMWare and/or Hyper-V
- General networking knowledge
Compensation & Benefits: We offer a competitive compensation package including: salary, bonus, medical and dental benefits, 401(k) with matching contributions.
Thrive is an AA/EEO Employer