Locations: Jackson, MS
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on Cyber Security, Hybrid Cloud, Global Network Management, Disaster Recovery and traditional Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
Provide technical hardware, software, and connectivity problem resolution to all client computers and users by diagnosing and walking users through step-by-step solutions; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; assist engineers and technicians; troubleshoot printer problems; work with next level support to resolve complex issues; conduct hardware and software maintenance and reporting as needed; and perform related work as required. Travel required to our clients in Jackson, MS area.
The Field Engineer will serve clients by going on-site to their locations, serving as deskside support and on-site support to all client issues, responding to service tickets of the client’s request or problem; resolves all first level end-user problems; escalates all Tier 2 problems to the next level of support for guidance and direction; contacts third-party vendors for warranty service repair and dispatch; and dispatches appropriate resources for problems that cannot be resolved remotely.
- Primary responsibilities are descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves first level problems for end-users of the workstations, laptops, terminal services and Citrix sessions, end-user software and hardware, network and VPN connectivity, the Internet, server services, server drive space, validation of server error messages for escalation, and new computer technology in a call center environment; communicates solutions to end-users effectively.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution for client (PC) software and connectivity.
- Sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals, both onsite and remotely.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and basic server, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third party vendor maintenance agreements as needed.
- Acts as remote hands for engineering staff onsite as needed.
- Assists Network Technicians in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs) and procedural knowledgebase articles.
- Provides assistance to Tier 2/Tier 3 staff with problem research and documentation.
Have the Ability to:
Deliver technical customer support professionally; identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical computer-related problems; make the distinction between first and second level end-user problems; identify, evaluate and solve end-user workstation problems; support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed; read, understand and apply complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population. Represent the company in a professional manner; presenting and communicating in an effective and professional manner at all times.
Desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the workstations and laptops; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products; understanding of change control procedures; basic understanding of electrical safety procedure.
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) desired. Any Candidate that does not hold an MCTS, but does hold equivalent experience can work toward compliance as part of a performance improvement plan agreement
- 3+ years providing end-user support for current PC desktop and application software
- 3+ years installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a corporate networked environment