Engineer, Network Deployment
Locations: Thrive Office Preferred, Remote Approved
Reports To: Network Deployment Manager
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
As a member of the Thrive Network Deployment team, you will be responsible for the implementation of network infrastructure to both new and existing customers. You will be expected to utilize Thrive’s primary networking solutions of Fortinet firewalls, Cisco and Meraki switching and Meraki wireless to optimize and secure customer environments. You will provide operational support to peers within the Engineering dept. Work will entail product evaluations, upgrade implementations, network expansion, network monitoring and documentation. Additionally, you will follow established standards while also contributing to both new and established process improvement.
- Ability to handle diverse networking environments in a wide cross-section of business clients
- Analyze and document an unfamiliar network environment
- Coordinate with relevant teams in all aspects related to equipment installation, service testing and problem resolution
- Support the team in developing network standards and processes
- Deploy and activate network solutions and internet circuits
- Troubleshoot networking level incidents and provide relevant information to senior engineers when escalation is necessary
- Demonstrate knowledge of network design and Thrives’ best practices.
- Set client and senior engineer expectations appropriately throughout the implementation process.
- Work through the project process to drive deployments to a successful outcome.
- Kick off projects internally to identify any context missing from scopes or additional service opportunities.
- Present project plan at technical kick off to let the client know the broad strokes of a project.
- Create a Technical Implementation Plan to identify any outage windows or potential risks.
- Complete project work in scheduled maintenance windows.
- Transition completed project work to support team with all relevant documentation required for long term maintenance.
- Escalate when necessary to senior engineer for further review/troubleshooting.
- Communicate directly with customers regarding project plans, potential impact and testing procedures.
- Demonstrate the correct level of urgency while resolving client incidents
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills to accomplish large projects.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a team-first attitude
- 1-3 years Networking and Firewall experience
- Proficient with IPV4 protocols, VPN, TCP/IP and Next Generation Firewalls
- Knowledge and experience with Fortinet/Meraki products
- Experience with Visio required
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (NAble, Solarwinds) preferred
- Excellent problem solver; able to prioritize and coordinate between multiple projects
- Experience troubleshooting network configuration and hardware issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Fortinet NSE4 or higher certification preferred