Desktop Support Technician
Location: Fairfax, VA
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on cyber security, hybrid Cloud, global network management, disaster recovery and traditional managed services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
Perform activities associated with implementation, integration and support of computer systems in mission-critical response operations environment.
- Workstation: unbox equipment; check inventory; set up/power on; set up default configuration; install hardware; deploy workstation
- Install OS; test configuration; run diagnostics
- Configure computers and devices for network
- Image computer systems
- Install updates and scripts
- Run diagnostics, repair and test computer equipment/devices
- Act as the first level support for customer technology problems and identify root causes, resolve, and monitor technology support requests in a timely, effective, and professional manner
- Properly escalate and document unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Regularly maintain internal service ticket and time entry information
- Some college or equivalent experience; technical coursework
- Entry level with some prior experience providing technical support in a business environment.
- Windows OS experience
- Hands-on and practical knowledge of networks and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with customers and peers; tactful and effective customer communications
- Strong team player
- Ability and willingness to evaluate and learn new technologies and apply them effectively
- Previous position with customer service experience
For more information on this job opening or to apply, please email email@example.com.