Cyber Security Analyst
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive is a rapidly growing technology solutions provider focusing upon Cloud, Cyber Security, Networking, Disaster Recovery and Managed Services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon “next generation” services help us stand out amongst our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at “a job”, but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a “work hard, play hard” environment, seeking the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!!
With a growing client base, Thrive is looking to build out its security team. We want what is best for our customers, we want their data to be as safe as possible.
- Carry out Thrive’s information security strategy both internally and externally for 400+ clients in the northeast.
- Analyze data from our SOC and SIEM and determine if further analysis is needed.
- Work within Thrive’s security standards and best practices and recommend future enhancements.
- Manage our clients’ security awareness training to help their end users be as safe as possible.
- Stay abreast of security events and techniques to keep our clients and Thrive protected.
- Build awareness through training and education.
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Demonstrates comprehension of good security practices
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Computer Networking & Security
- Vulnerability Discovery and Analysis
- Operating System Internals
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network protocols, application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.).
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Knowledge of common Windows and Linux/Unix system calls and APIs
- Understand Anti-Virus
- Knowledge of programming languages.
- Knowledge of internal file structures for file formats commonly associated with malware (e.g., OLE, RTF, PDF, EXE, etc.)