Location: Foxboro, MA
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on cyber security, hybrid Cloud, global network management, disaster recovery and traditional managed services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
The Contract Specialist is responsible for performing contract assignments in support of internal and external procurement activity or in the audit/review of that activity.
- Responsible for all contracts made by the company to ensure they comply with law and company policy.
- Responsible for drafting, analyzing, amending and negotiating contracts.
- Knowledge of state, federal, contract, corporate and labor law is a must have.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate, thorough contract records and help facilitate interdepartmental communications related to assigned areas.
- Train various personnel to assist in some contract procedures.
- Assist with contract termination procedures.
- Participate as a team member on an acquisition management review team or on an equivalent assignment.
- Conduct basic procurement procedures and techniques.
- Conduct contract related investigations and research.
- Maintain, organize and track current client contracts.
- Perform commonly used contracting methods and contract styles related to pre-award, post-award and/or price/cost analysis functions to perform well-defined and precedent contract actions.
- Analyze business practices and market conditions to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and contractor performance.
- Assign work in terms of objectives, priorities and deadlines and provides additional assistance with new or unusual assignments.
- Plan and carry out recurring work using established procedures, conferring with the supervisor or higher-level specialists as necessary on technical problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration or a related field.
- 5-10 years in professional procurement and contracting, which includes the drafting of complex contracts, including revisions, and solicitation documents.
- Proficiency in contract language, copyright principles and computer systems.
- Excellent written and communication skills both internally and externally and exhibit excellent analytical ability.
- Experience as a paralegal or legal assistant is a plus.