Business Development Representative
Location: United Kingdom
Reports to: SMB Sales Manager
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Established in 1992, ONI Ltd is a leading provider of IT solutions and services to both public sector and commercial markets. ONI offers a comprehensive range of on-site, cloud and hybrid IT infrastructure solutions.
ONI’s expertise spans: Core Infrastructure, Unified Communication and Collaboration, Enterprise Networks, Contact Centre Solutions, Data Centre and Cloud Services, Connectivity and Security. Private cloud services are delivered from ONI’s state of the art Tier 3+ Data Centre, located in the SE of England, and include Infrastructure, Storage, Disaster Recovery, Unified Communications, Collaboration and Contact Centre solutions as-a-service. This facility is fully owned and operated by ONI Ltd.
ONI Ltd is part of Thrive LLC, a leading Next Generation managed service provider, with revenues in excess of $150m globally.
- To be part of the ONI new business sales team and achieve monthly gross margin targets through net new sales of ONI cloud solutions and services.
- 100% focused on winning net new logo business.
- Achieve monthly activity targets and build / maintain an opportunity pipeline of 3 x cover.
- To maintain regular, at least quarterly, contact with all prospective clients
- To engage clients at all levels not just the IT department with emphasis on strategic positions such as Finance, Customer Services, HR & other functional areas of an organization.
- To build strong business relationships with key vendor partner sales people.
- To utilize the company prospect management system and ensure all opportunities are registered and updated on a daily basis with the latest position. This should include accurate sales stages, commercial values, close dates and progress comments / notes.
- To work with the ONI virtual team (Sales support, Pre-Sales & Service delivery) to enable ONI to secure business.
- To attend and fully prepare for monthly reviews, providing sales forecasts and presentations as required.
- To always work to company best practice.
- To attend corporate events or partner events which may require overnight stays.
- Always act professionally, positively and appropriately when representing ONI.
- Any other reasonable ad hoc duties that are job related and requested by Management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience selling to the SMB sector in the UK
- Specific sales expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Cloud Managed Services
- Backup as a Service
- DR as a Service
- Private cloud offerings
- Public cloud offerings
- Storage and compute solutions
- Carrier services
- Cloud Managed Services
- Extensive and proven new business development & appointment making capability via cold and warm calling.
Personal Training and Development:
- To attend any job related training arranged by the Company.
- Create, maintain and regularly update own Personal Development Plan with timescales on own ‘self-learning’ areas and objectives.
- To be conversant and continuously increase product knowledge, sales skills/techniques and commercial acumen.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Confidence and self-assured
- Tenacity, persistent, determined and high strength of will
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be easy to converse with, good empathy, listener, consultative, good communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and strong business relationships
- Self motivated and driven
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good time management
- Good product and market knowledge/ understanding
- Ability to handle and overcome objections
- Commitment and hard working
- Hunter mentality
- Outgoing positive personality with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Honest, ethical and without prejudice
- A true team player
- Professional personal presentation
- Good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Genuine interest for working in the ICT environment and building a sales career