Business Development Director
Location: Luton, UK
Reports to: Sales Director
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1992, ONI Ltd is a leading provider of IT solutions and services to both public sector and commercial markets. ONI offers a comprehensive range of on-site, cloud and hybrid IT infrastructure solutions.
ONI’s expertise spans: Core Infrastructure, Unified Communication and Collaboration, Enterprise Networks, Contact Centre Solutions, Data Centre and Cloud Services, Connectivity and Security. Private cloud services are delivered from ONI’s state of the art Tier 3+ Data Centre, located in the SE of England, and include Infrastructure, Storage, Disaster Recovery, Unified Communications, Collaboration and Contact Centre solutions as-a-service. This facility is fully owned and operated by ONI Ltd.
ONI Ltd is part of Thrive LLC, a leading Next Generation managed service provider, with revenues in excess of $150m globally.
- To be part of the ONI sales team and achieve monthly gross margin targets through sales of ONI solutions and services.
- Achieve monthly activity targets and build / maintain an opportunity pipeline of 3 x cover.
- To ensure any renewal contracts that are due are re-signed and clients are contacted at least 6 months ahead of their renewal date to enable sufficient time to negotiate the renewal.
- To maintain regular, at least monthly, contact with all existing and prospective clients
- Grow, manage and maintain strong business relationships with a small number of existing Enterprise clients. This should include the production and ongoing upkeep of Account Development Plans and contact strategies to guarantee their continued custom and increased development.
- To engage clients at all levels not just the IT department with emphasis on strategic positions such as Finance, Customer Services, HR & other functional areas of an organization.
- To build strong business relationships with key vendor partner sales people.
- Ensure all existing and prospective clients are aware of ONI capabilities/ offerings and position ONI products and services to address and meet client needs
- To target a small number of net new G&NS clients and build a sales plan to secure new business within these clients.
- To utilize the company prospect management system and ensure all opportunities are registered and updated on a daily basis with the latest position. This should include accurate sales stages, commercial values, close dates and progress comments / notes and assignment to the correct marketing campaigns where applicable.
- General day to day management of new and existing clients.
- To work with the ONI virtual team (Sales support, Pre-Sales & Service delivery) to enable ONI to secure business and align the correct resource within a client account.
- To attend and fully prepare for monthly reviews, providing sales forecasts and presentations as required.
- To encourage best working practices with internal support staff.
- To always work to company best practice.
- To attend trade shows, corporate events or partner events which may require overnight stays.
- Always act professionally, positively and appropriately when representing ONI.
- Any other reasonable ad hoc duties that are job related and requested by Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling to the Government & National Security sector in the UK, primarily through leading defence integrators.
- Specific sales expertise in two or more of the following areas:
- Managed services
- Hosting and hosted solutions – Colocation, DRaaS, BaaS, IaaS
- Storage and Compute solutions
- Enterprise networking and Security
- Support Services – Maintenance & Professional services
- Collaboration services
- Carrier services
- Proven Business Development track record
- Experience of winning sales opportunities of £500k and above
- Have worked for a company of a similar structure to ONI
Personal Training and Development:
- To attend any job related training arranged by the Company.
- Create, maintain and regularly update own Personal Development Plan with timescales on own ‘self-learning’ areas and objectives.
- To be conversant and continuously increase product knowledge, sales skills/techniques and commercial acumen.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- High level of confidence and self-assured
- Tenacity, persistent, determined, strength of will
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be easy to converse with, good empathy, listener, consultative, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and strong business relationships at all levels
- Self motivated and driven
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creative and able to think on their feet
- Good time management and ability to multi task
- Good product and market knowledge/ understanding
- Ability to handle and overcome objections
- Commitment and hard working
- Hunter mentality
- Outgoing positive personality with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Honest, ethical and without prejudice
- A true team player
- Be pro-active
- Adopt continuous personal development
- Professional personal presentation
- Good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Genuine interest for working in the ICT environment and building a sales career