Disaster Recovery Engineer – Cloud Data Protection
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com
Thrive is an innovative technology solutions provider focused on cyber security, hybrid Cloud, global network management, disaster recovery and traditional managed services. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus upon NextGen services help us stand out among our peers. Thrive is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then welcome to THRIVE!
Thrive provides Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) to our client base. The Disaster Recovery engineer will be responsible for the Disaster Recovery (DR) lifecycle of the most critical applications to our clients. The team works closely with clients, internal teams, and vendor partners to ensure the proper DR solution is designed and maintained to meet customer resiliency needs. This position will require occasional night and weekend work when doing live tests with customers and flex time will be provided for.
- Develop and understand of testing policies and procedures necessary for a successful DR execution.
- Maintain an understanding of current recovery solutions available on the market.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills to convey plans, exercises, and activities.
- Provide deliverables to clients based on simulated DR tests.
- Must be able to interact with technical, non-technical, and management staff.
- Maintain the overall plans for executing all DR procedures and understand their interdependencies. This includes DR Runbooks, DR Test documents, Visio diagrams, and other documentation as required.
- Work inter-departmentally within Thrive to improve process and procedures surrounding the DRaaS offering.
- Maintain Zerto certifications on current versions and provide distilled “what’s new” information for new releases to Thrive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years IT experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with managers and staff at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid working knowledge of Disaster Recovery, Disaster Recovery concepts and industry best practices.
- Solid background in IT infrastructure technology, and how servers, storage, and network interconnect and relate.
- Working knowledge of firewalling principals and VPNs
- Strong workforce productivity application skills desired (e.g., Microsoft Office 365 Suite, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V.
- Expertise in Zerto’s product suite.